Date(s) - 07/08/21
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Categories No Categories
This event is a continuation of a volunteer work party hosted last Friday, June 25th. It is a wonderful opportunity to spend time in an Alaskan orchard with over 200 varieties and learn a bit about their care and upkeep . We will be spreading mulch and manure, removing weeds and cleaning and hauling trash. All are welcome. Children can help but they must stay with you at all times. No pets please. Please bring the following if you have them: work gloves, pruners, loppers, shovels, wheelbarrows. We also need large flat cardboard pieces (tape removed, minimal ink), burlap (many coffee shops have burlap bags available for free if you ask).
Some key things to note about the space:
- Address: 645 E 81st Ave, Anchorage, AK 99518-3145
- There are no restrooms or drinking water on the premises – please bring a water bottle to stay hydrated!
- Parking is limited but available anywhere along East 81st St. (preferably on an angle in front of the Orchard to allow for more parking)
- Bee aware There are bee hives in the orchard
- Please do not pick fruits or vegetables (they aren’t ripe anyway).